2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
J. Cortès Cigars NV is responsible for the processing of your personal data. J. Cortès Cigars NV (hereafter “J. Cortès Cigars”, “we” or “our”) is a company under Belgian law, whose registered office is established at Pannenbakkersstraat 1, 8552 Zwevegem (Belgium).
You can also contact our data protection officer via firstname.lastname@example.org.
3 WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS ABOUT YOU?
We mainly collect your information and personal data when you are in contact with our sales and back-office people:
- if you become a client, employee or external service provider
- if you register an account on https://club.jcortes.com/ -platform;
- if you sign up for our newsletter;
- if you use our contact form on our website;
- if you visit our plants
Want to learn more?
If you are in contact with our sales and back-office people, we process the following information and personal data about you:
- if you become a client, we register your e-mail address, a salutation, your first name, your last name, your country, your address, your city, your telephone number (if you provide it to us), your preferred language, the J.Cortès Cigars NV products you bought, the opening hours of your shop (if relevant), date of birth, gender, bank account number…;
- register an account on https://club.jcortes.com/ -platform: a password and your e-mail address
- if you sign up for the newsletter: your e-mail address and your e-mail preferences;
- if you use our contact form: your first name, your surname, your e-mail address and your telephone number;
- if you visit our plants: your name, email-address and picture taken at that moment
- if you browse our website: data we receive from cookie providers about your activity on our website such as the time and duration of your visit, the pages you visited before and after using our website, your IP address, the pages you visit, the browser you use, geographical data such as your location, your preferred language, …
J. Cortès Cigars NV also uses personal data received from third parties, such as Logista France S.A.S., Logista Spain S.A. and Logista Italia SPA. These data may concern your preferences and personal interests, your contact details etc.
4. FOR WHICH PURPOSES AND HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
a. In order to keep you informed about J. Cortès Cigars NV’s products and services (direct marketing)
We process your personal data when you ask to receive information about product upgrades, new products, services, special offers, events, actions, research on future product ideas or improvements etc., e.g. by signing up for our newsletter or by registering an account on “My account”.
For this purpose we can process data such as your name, your address, your e-mail address, your telephone number, your preferred language and the product or the region in which you are interested.
Depending on the individual case, these data are processed on the basis of your unambiguous consent, on the basis of the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or on the basis of your request to take steps prior to entering into a contract. If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at all times (please refer to question 10).
b. In order to answer your questions and exchange information with you
If you ask us questions by telephone, by mail or via the contact form, we will process your personal data in order to respond to your question and provide you with the necessary information.
For this purpose we can process data such as your name, your company name, your position, your e-mail address, your telephone number, your correspondence with J. Cortès Cigars NV and all other personal data that you provide to us that can be relevant for answering your question.
Depending on the individual case, these data are processed on the basis of your request to take steps prior to entering a contract, on the basis of the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or on the basis of J. Cortès Cigars NV’s legitimate interest in providing you information about J. Cortès Cigars NV’s activities.
c. For our marketing campaigns, contests and surveys
We process your data in the context of our marketing campaigns, to allow you to participate in a contest and to ask your opinion in customer surveys.
Depending on the individual case, these data are processed on the basis of your consent or on the basis of J. Cortès Cigars NV’s legitimate interest in informing you about its activities. If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at all times (please refer to question 10).
d. For the technical and functional management and the improvement of our website
We process personal data for the technical and functional management of our website, in order to personalise the website and to create content that is relevant to you and to ensure that the website is easy to use and secure.
Depending on the individual case, these data are processed on the basis of your unambiguous consent or on the basis of J. Cortès Cigars NV’s legitimate interest in continuously improving its websites and the user experience and protecting the websites against cyber-attacks etc.
Want to learn more?
Regarding the processing of your personal data, J. Cortès Cigars NV always relies on:
- either, the consent that you expressed, e.g. by ticking a box to this effect during your navigation on our site, or via another positive action from which your consent is inferred, e.g. by choosing to contact us via the contact form. In this case, you have the right to withdraw your consent for the future at all time;
- or, on another legal basis laid down by law: for example, if the collection of data is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or if processing is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation to which J. Cortès Cigars NV is subject. In some cases, the processing of your data may also be necessary to realise a legitimate interest of J. Cortès Cigars NV.
5. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
J. Cortès Cigars NV may share your data with third parties, including our partners and service providers.
Want to learn more?
J. Cortès Cigars NV may share your personal with third parties who act on behalf of J. Cortès Cigars NV.
In addition, J. Cortès Cigars NV may be obliged to disclose your personal data if this is required by law or a court order.
In all cases, we are committed to ensuring the confidentiality of your data, which includes among other things that we conclude adequate contracts with our partners and service providers which impose confidentiality obligations on them.
6. DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA?
Yes, in some cases your data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area, for example to the USA, Sri Lanka, Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic. However, J.Cortès Cigars NV respects all applicable rules and protective measures in this regard.
Want to learn more?
Some data may be stored or transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes described in question 4 above. It is possible that this transfer occurs via service providers (as mentioned in question 5 above) established outside the EEA territory or because data are stored on a server located outside or accessible outside the EEA.
7. HOW ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTED?
In order to guarantee the security of your personal data we have set in place a series of security measures and safeguards. Your personal data is stored on secure networks that may only be accessed by a limited number of persons holding special access rights and who undertake to respect and maintain its confidential nature.
Despite these measures, due care should be taken when storing and/or sharing your personal data and login, particularly when connecting via unsecure or public networks.
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
J. Cortès Cigars NV will not process your personal data longer than ten years.
9. WHAT ABOUT LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA?
10. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT?
You have a right of access to your data, a right to correct your data, a right to the erasure of your data, a right to limit the processing of your data and a right to ask the portability of your data.
You also have a right to object to the processing of your data in general as well as to the processing of your data for direct marketing and profiling purposes.
Some of these rights may be subject to conditions or exceptions.
If the processing of your data is based on consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without this affecting the legitimacy of the processing done prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
You can send your request by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to the address mentioned below. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before processing your request.
You may also review, update or delete your account by editing your account and profile settings in the registration area.
In accordance with article 77 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of an alleged infringement of the GDPR. The Belgian Data Protection Authority is the supervisory authority for Belgium and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn more?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’), you have the right to:
- consult and access your data as well as essential information about the treatment (processing purposes, categories of data processed etc.);
- request the rectification of your data or, if necessary, their deletion, under the conditions of article 17 GDPR, in particular when they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected / processed or when you withdrew your consent;
- object to the processing of your personal data in certain specific cases detailed in article 21 GDPR, including processing for direct marketing and profiling. In this case, we will no longer process your data unless there are compelling legitimate reasons for doing so, overriding your interests, rights and freedoms or if the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- oppose to an automated individual decision, including profiling, under the conditions of article 22 GDPR;
- request a restriction of processing, in some cases detailed in article 18 GDPR, and especially when you contest the accuracy of the data, for a period of time enabling us to verify the accuracy of these data; and
- receive your personal data in a (structured, commonly used and machine-readable) format that allows it to be ported or to transmit your data in such format to another data controller, under the conditions detailed in article 20 GDPR and if technically possible.
11. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
- by e-mail at email@example.com;
- by mail at J. Cortès Cigars NV, for the attention of the data protection officer, Pannenbakkersstraat 1, 8552 Zwevegem (Belgium); or
- by phone at the number +32 56 759400.
J. Cortès Cigars makes use of technology known as ‘Cookies’, aiming to provide a better service to the customers of this Website. Cookies are small files that are stored on your hard drive to save certain preferences. When you visit this Website repeatedly, it recognizes your device and can access these small files to improve the functionality of this Website, adjusting to your previously stated preferences. It can also be used to collect data for marketing purposes.
When using this technology, for example, you only have to fill in your date of birth once, instead of re-entering it every time you go to a different page of the Website. Cookies are used as well when sharing content from this Website via social media. It is possible to disable or block these cookies in your browser settings when you do not wish to make use of them. Continued use of this website without adjusting your browser settings implies your permission to make us of this technology. Withholding consent or blocking cookies can have an impact on the functionality and accessibility of the Website.